« All Events
Online Workshop “Books of Conscience – Elimination”
April 15 @ 8:00 am - July 1 @ 5:00 pm $20
||Learning occurs when interest and the need-to-know intertwine. Books inspire us to understand, empathize, challenge bias, combat injustice and promote social justice.
“Books of Conscience – Elimination” encourages us to reflect, develop and apply the principles of social justice, and analyze injustice through the lens of the Spiral of Injustice. The course recognizes how one person can make a difference and take action to combat genocide.
||1. identify the levels on the Spiral of Injustice including definitions and examples
2. define the term empathy and the role it plays in influencing upstander behavior
3. define the term “genocide” and review its history
4. focus on “elimination” as the final level on the Spiral of Injustice
5. identify the connections to “elimination” featured in the Idaho Anne Frank Human Rights Memorial
6. read a selected “Book of Conscience” from the provided list
7. recognize how books testify to human tragedy and connect individuals to a historical event by reading accounts of genocide survivors
8. recognize that the legacy of genocide does not end when the violence stops